Pests are part of our environment and thus our ecosystem. This makes them useful in the great outdoors. The conditions that they find in the human environment – warm apartments, houses and business premises, food supplies or raw materials – enable them to multiply on a massive scale.
In addition, they are protected from natural predators. The basis of every control measure is the previous determination of the infestation. Only then can the type and extent of pest control be determined. To prevent pests from harming homes and health, pest control is recommended.
Pest control is generally possible through various measures: chemical, physical or biological control of pests are used in different ways. Each of these measures has different advantages and disadvantages and differs in terms of efficiency.
How to do pest control at home
There are times when insects don’t collaborate with us and there are many of them at home, isn’t there? Therefore, pest control Port Kennedy at home needs to be done in the correct way.
What to do on a daily basis to avoid pests?
In addition to disinfestations, good hygiene practices should always be used, in order to avoid creating an environment favorable to the development of pests. Good cleaning of the facilities and the inspection of raw materials at their reception can minimize the likelihood of an infestation occurring.
Thus, there is a set of basic rules that must be followed:
- The facilities must be kept in a good state of conservation;
- The holes, drains, drains and other possible pest entrances must be kept closed, as well as the doors and windows;
- Keep food products protected and covered;
- Clean food scraps and waste, not allowing them to accumulate;
- Always store food on shelves or platforms and not against the wall;
- Apply to the windows and other openings that connect to the outside, insect protection nets, easily removable for cleaning;
- Ensure that the raw material reception and storage areas are free from pests;
- Keep waste in closed containers;
- Exclude animals from the surrounding area;
- Maintain an effective Hygiene Plan for the facilities.
Products Uses in Home for Pest Control
The boxes of poison attract the cockroaches, that ingest the poison and contaminate the other insects in the nest. For the product to act successfully, you must:
- Place the lures in places that are difficult to access, such as under the refrigerator or cabinets, but never near personal items.
- The biggest advantage of this product is that you have no physical contact with the poison.
- Change the box every month for a cockroach free home.
Aerosol is most used to exterminate flying insects, such as flies and mosquitoes.
It is worth remembering that this product can put health at risk in some situations, and should be avoided by people who are allergic or with respiratory diseases.
Check out how to use the aerosol:
- Stretch your arms and protect your eyes.
- Be careful to never apply against the wind.
- It is also effective in killing spiders.
Electric appliances with refills
This device fights flying insects and can be used even with people in the environment throughout the night.
Do not forget to disconnect and put it in the position indicated after use. To avoid health problems, leave a crack in the window open to ventilate the room.
The spiral is a type of repellent that burns like incense and inhibits flying pests. Never leave it on while everyone is asleep.
Use this repellent until two hours before bed and leave the window open so that the smoke comes out and the mosquitoes leave.
Specialized pest control company
If you are unable to stop the invasion of insects using homemade methods, the best solution for keeping pest proof home is to hire a company specialized in pest control.
Know some signs that need to hire this service:
- When the plague continues in the environment.
- When the type of insect is not known, as this leads to the inappropriate choice of products.
- When the home environment presents a risk of contamination or if there are restrictions on the use of chemical components.
- If insects that are difficult to control appear, such as moths, termites and cockroaches.